2011 Suva, Fiji.
Our first trip was to the south pacific island of Fiji. After landing in Nadi, we took the long trek to Suva. We arranged pickup to go to our small village destination to meet the kids. This visit to the village was a great experience and a chance to meet all the kids and parents. We brought supplies and enjoyed the day purchasing the wonderful items the kids make for a living. Their smiles were certainly contagious and this was the catalyst of the Business Hub expeditions.
2013, Bac Lieu Vietnam.
We travelled to a rural area 6 & a half hours drive from Saigon. We were greeted by the Buddhist Monk of Bac Lieu temple along with another 7 of their volunteers & supporters. Over the next week we accomplished:
- Renovated the entire orphanage of 41 kids
- Internal & external painting of the building
- A classroom fit-out & a new library
- Electricity repair & fan install in every room
- New massive pergola & brand new playground
2015 Johor, Malaysia
We decided to do something different for our third charity expedition. After landing in Singapore, we took the long bus ride and crossed the border to Johor Malaysia. Here we were greeted with 37 children from Pushpanesam’s Orphanage. The volunteers do an amazing job taking care of all the kids left abandoned by their parents. Business Hub’s small contribution to the orphanage was:
- Food & kitchen supplies
- Heaps of books & even more toys
- Day trip for all to Legoland Malaysia!
- Best achievement were the smiles!